Our Donor Bill of Rights PDF can be downloaded here.
It is the policy of Harry Chapin Food Bank, Inc. to keep all donor information confidential. The Food Bank does not rent, sell, or share any personal or financial information about our donors with any other entity.
HCFB is committed to respecting the privacy of donors. The types of donor information that it collects and maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Giving information. (HCFB does not retain Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, or bank account information.)
- Information on events attended, publications received, and special requests for program information, and other food bank-related information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
HCFB uses donors’ information to understand their interests in its mission and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. It is shared with staff, board members, volunteers, and consultants only on a “need-to-know” basis.
HCFB also assures donors that their names and addresses will not be shared with any third party unless permission has been granted by donors. For donors who do not wish to be included in a mailing list, they should contact HCFB to have their names removed.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the website;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or Social Security numbers.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our website. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”:
All information provided to Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our website, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. HCFB will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting that person to visit the website. HCFB stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting the Website:
Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida
3760 Fowler St.
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Harry Chapin Food Bank
3940 Prospect Ave. #101
Naples, FL 34104
You can also send an email to: email@example.com